Friday, December 16, 2011

Simple Things That Better a Girl's Day


From Essence Gant,writer at "Today's Black Woman Magazine."


This entire piece and others from the writer can be viewed at http://essencegant.blogspot.com
Simple Things List:
  • Mascara!!- That’s right! Mascara. My beautiful little sister (Shouts out to Summyr) put me on these two new mascaras over the break and guys, I THINK I’M IN LOVE!! Maybelline’s “The Falsies Volum’ Express” and Rimmel London’s “Glam’ Eyes Lash Flirt”. I just got both from Wal-Mart and they were both on sale for $5!
  • Floral Print Knit Skirts- One of my favorite fall/winter fits is a cute little skirt accompanied by some fun tights and knee boots. I went to Forever 21 and found a bunch of cute skirts ranging from only $10 to $12. I love the floral ones because they’re usually multi-colored and you can do any colored, funky tight with them. It adds a little sunshine to your winter wardrobe & makes the cold a little more fun!
  • Lip gloss- My lip gloss is poppin’ and I be coppin’ (I swear I could’ve been a rapper) it from Bath and Body Works. For real y’all they got some good lip gloss that keeps your lips soft, kissable and tasty! They usually have this buy 2 get 1 free deal. They have like a million (not literally) and you can get colors, tints, or clears!
  • PINK FRIDAY- To all Nicki Fans, Ms. Minaj is simply amazing.You gotta listen to it!! Please, Please. Your life won’t be the same!
  • Honey Nut Cheerios- They’re yummy, healthy and you can eat like 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 of them and you won’t gain an ounce! Good enough for me! I like mine without milk!
  • Writing,Journaling, Blogging, Documenting- However you put the pen to the paper I find that it's therapeutic. I started this blog on my phone while sitting in class, and it was so relieving and stimulating to my brain to escape the madness and create my own world with the simple stroke of a pen (or push of a button in my case)! Try it. Write about anything: dreams, life, love, experiences, sadness, tragedy, victory, plans, funny things, people, crushes, role models, music, fashion, sports. Who cares? JUST WRITE!!!
What simple things do you find enjoyment in?
How do you deal with "bad" days?
Any other thoughts? Share with me below. My interest is totally invested in YOU! If you don't want to comment via your social network, you can just use your name or the anonymous option:)
Love,

Essence~Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment