Thursday, June 30, 2011

Remaking "Marvin's Room" While "Planking"


Chris Brown Planking
 So it seems as if social networks have been going haywire over the latest crazes.. Planking and Marvins Room. It all started a couple of days ago while I was just doing my daily tweetwatching I meant promoting and I see this trending topic #plankin. I click on it out of curiousity and see that many other tweeters had no clue what #plankin was and why it was trending. So I head to the most trusted site for information/research.......... "GOOGLE". Yes,  I google plankin just to see images of people laying face down on different objects. I think to myself  "Is this what people are trending about", and by God YES IT IS. People are really talking about #planking and the reason it is trending is because some people had died while in the act of planking.

So I go back to google and research more on this trend and here's what they're saying

1. Planking is the act of lying facedown for a photograph. The term planking originated from Australia but is actually just another name for 'the lying down game'  The specific instructions: to put your body face down to the ground (or table, or object, or anything) with your arms to the side. The act itself is to lie down on the ground. Anybody can do that, right? That's why kids are getting crazier. You get creativity points for planking in odd places like trees branches. Or escalators. Or animals!  The more wild you get, the 'better' the picture will be.

But then as I continue to Google.. I meant research I came across a disturbing passage which associates planking with the way slaves were stacked on ships

2. A plank collar is used on slave benches. It is a heavy wooden plank with five semicircular openings, when the plank is lifted it provides holding collars for five slaves. The plank is then chained down. The primary holding arrangement for women on the benches, however, is not chains. Each place on the bench is fitted with ankle and wrist stocks, and for each bench there is a plank collar, a plank which opens horizontally, each half of which contains five matching, semicircular openings, which, when it is set on pinions, closed, and chained in place, provides five sturdy, wooden enclosures for the throats of women. The plank is thick and thus the girls’s chins are held high. The plank is further reinforced between each girl with a narrowly curved iron band, the open ends of which are pierced; this is slid tight in its slots, in its metal retainers, about the boards, and secured in place with a four-inch metal pin, which may or may not be locked in place.
Toilet Stool Planking

Ladies and gentlemen are we really this bored or do we just wanna have fun?!??! I must admit since learning what it was i've been tempted to take a couple of planking pics but decided against it when I realized I had better things to do. Nonetheless I've seen some very hilarious, dangerous, out the box, crazy planking pics BUT  I've decided to leave it up to the planking professionals. (For more Planking Pics, Scroll Down)




Now on to Marvin's Room. If you have not heard, Marvin's Room is a song by Drake where he gets drunk, call up his ex girlfriend, and Lets her know that "She can do better". No harm done. The song is pretty good the usual R&B track you would expect from Drake. The problem comes in when you have 4 remakes to this one song. Its beyond annoying when I log on to my daily Blog Sites and the first thing that pops up is "Chris Brown remakes Marvin's Room" or "JoJo remakes Marvin's Room". Its redundant and useless to have six remakes to one mediocore song.

So far Marvin's Rooms has been remade by
1. Chris Brown
2. JoJo
3. Sammie
4. Teyanna Taylor

So to any artist out there thinking about doing YET ANOTHER REMAKE OF THIS SONG....PLEASE SPARE US! (See all 4 Remakes Below)



Old man Planking


Planking on a Vehicle


Planking on an alligator (I doubt is real BUT if it is, SMH)




Even Babies Plank


Planking on Camels


Walmart Planking

Remakes OF Marvin's Room 



No comments:

Post a Comment