Monday, June 21, 2010

Album Reviews


I was expecting a "lets change the world, Kumbayaa, love peace and soul" album but it was not what I expected. Erykah Badu's album impressed in more ways than one. "The album is so rich with sample-reliant songs that it sometimes resembles a glorified mixtape."

Her songs ranged from Losing love and regaining cofidence in "20 feet tall" to playing on the foolish blindness of love in "You loving me" to sampling the late great Big Papa's hit song "Get Munny". This album is sure to please with its "rich and layered  sound, piano/key structure, guitar/bass pacing and loose vocal construction."

This album is brilliant no matter how you take it.





The adventures of Bobby Ray; B.o.B.'s first full length record, The Adventures of Bobby Ray, is a lot of things. It's pop ("Nothin' on You feat. Bruno Mars"). It's straight-up rap ("Bet I feat. T.I. and Playboy Tre").  It's smooth R&B ("The Kids feat. Janelle Monae"). It's indie pop ("Magic feat. Rivers Cuomo"). It's emo alt-rock ("Airplanes feat. Hayley Williams" and "Airplanes Pt. II feat. Eminem and Hayley Williams").

That sounds, on paper, like a recipe for disaster, or at least something somewhat less than cohesive. And that would be the case if it all weren't so amazingly good. At its heart, the record is hip-hop, but B.o.B.  takes that genre and melds it effectively with a number of different musical ideas. B.o.B. is: an interesting musician  with an intriguing career ahead of him.

Written by Phil Owen


When I heard Usher's "Daddy's Home" I enjoyed it. (even though he's a lil too old to be singing such an elementary song). Then I heard "OMG" and was even more impressed! Then he came with "There goes my baby" and it blew me out the water. Usher gave me goosbumps with that song. Then "Little Freak", a bit Cruddy but I still rocked with it.

Back to back to back Usher was coming out with chart topping singles which made me even more excited to buy the CD. BUT when I bought the CD is was a HUGE dissapoint. His CD wasnt what I expected and didnt give me the Pizazz I was expecting. So I not saying that I hated it... I just like his singles much better.





I have to give him his props, Justin Beiber is one talented teenager."After years of humdrum bubblegum from Miley Cyrus and the brothers Jonas, the 16-year-old has thrown a candy-coated wrench into Disney's heartthrob assembly line by giving young fans something worth screaming their lungs out for: lovable pop songs." Even though everybody knows that he's singing about things he's never been through (love and love lost)... He has a way of making us believe he has through his powerful voice. Hope he stays on top and not fizzle like 94.9% of all the other teenage pop stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment